Discovering meaning in data™
Discovery occurs when:
- Data is validated as accurate, defined and not redundant,
- Surveys and audits are specified to the context and time,
- Front line workers give their insight to ask the right question,
- Front line workers are encouraged to interpret the results of the data,
- Theory is used to guide data mining and discussion regarding identified patterns,
- Interfacing using HL7s enhances ease and efficiency of data collection,
- Reports inform performance in operations in real time,
- Data collection is designed to inform multiple disciplines involved in care,
- Proper and diverse analyses are used,
- Both analysts and machines/computers can collaborate to examine the data and
- Mathematical formulas are carefully crafted in predictive analytics and modeling.
Healthcare Environment Data and Survey Software (HEDSS) makes this discovery happen by following each of these principles. Try HEDSS 00 for free today by using one of our free surveys to measure job satisfaction or caring science. Or, try HEDSS 01 or HEDSS 02 to begin building your repository of data for performance improvement, evidenced based training, research, meaningful data mining and/or regulatory reporting. If already using HEDSS 02, advance to HEDSS 03 and move the entire healthcare team from retrospectively to proactively managing outcomes.
Get the HEDSS up on performance today!