Discovering meaning in data™
Discovery occurs when:
- Data is validated as accurate, defined and not redundant,
- Surveys and audits are specified to the context and time,
- Front line workers give their insight to ask the right question,
- Front line workers are encouraged to interpret the results of the data,
- Theory is used to guide data mining and discussion regarding identified patterns,
- Interfacing using HL7s enhances ease and efficiency of data collection,
- Reports inform performance in operations in real time,
- Data collection is designed to inform multiple disciplines involved in care,
- Proper and diverse analyses are used,
- Both analysts and machines/computers can collaborate to examine the data and
- Mathematical formulas are carefully crafted in predictive analytics and modeling.
Healthcare Environment Data and Survey Software (HEDSS) is the platform tailored for healthcare and quality improvement strategies. The platform Healthcare Environment (HCE) has developed ensures that strategies maintain validity during the pursuit of discovery. Contact us to allow us to design a research and/or quality improvement strategy that is tailored to your organizational mission, vision, values and context. Unless the model of measurement is tailored for your organization, it will remain mispecified and prohibit proper interpretation of your data. Only proper model specification and interpretation will allow you to interpret the data accurately for the pursuit of operational refinement and subsequent outcome and cost improvement.